Infrastructure & Economic Development
2023 Strategic Initiatives
2022 Strategic Initiatives
- Continue execution of Renew the District with an investment of over $150M+ to accelerate re-development and increase economic opportunities on the FIB corridor
- Continue $100M+ expansion of Fulton County Airport to stimulate economic development
- Execute water infrastructure improvements of $1B on Big Creek, Little River, Camp Creek, and collection distribution systems to promote economic growth opportunities
- Complete TSPLOST II and continue coordination and administration of $500M in transportation investments for all 15 Fulton County cities
- Deliver a $38M world-class animal shelter to protect animals and residents in Fulton County
- Modernize IT infrastructure with $18M in capital investment to provide virtual services and promote remote working to improve customer experience
- Working on closing the digital divide through increased broadband access under the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) in cooperation with private partners
2021 Strategic Initiatives
- Continue the multi-year execution of Fulton County Airport Master plan
- Modernize IT infrastructure with $?M capital investment
- Complete the development of the Continuity of Operations plan
- Execute the next phase for the Government Center real estate master plan
- Invest in eligible workforce programs due to the impacts of COVID-19
- Break ground on the $32.5M construction project for a new Animal Shelter
- Invest in creating a work environment that seeks to eliminate potential risk due to pandemic
2019 Strategic Initiatives
- Match funding for the planned Fort Mac Career and Job Training center and launch program
- Invest in workforce development to provide staffing to support community outreach, job fair representation, and liaison to other local and regional workforce programs
- Invest in airport “gateway” enhancement to support economic growth in the strategic area
- Complete Airport Master plan for the development of the Fulton County General Aviation Airport
- Finalize transit plans for major corridors
2018 Strategic Initiatives
- Continue to provide TSPLOST oversight and reporting.
- Move Fulton County's Transit Plan forward, and seek legislative funding options.
- Implement GASB 77 reporting protocols, and enhance ROI and governance approach for tax abatement.
- Implement marketing campaign to raise awareness of and increase economic investment in Fulton County.
- Align workforce development function with economic development and take the lead in coordination of business outreach and workforce development strategy.