All People are Healthy
Key 2016 Accomplishments
- Developed transition roadmap to establish a Fulton County Board of Health.
- Adopted reformed service delivery model for Behavioral Health.
- Reformed Grants management process.
2017 Strategic Initiatives
- Establish Fulton County Board of Health to improve delivery of public health services and achieve statewide coordination
- Implement the new behavioral health service delivery model, and identify provider(s) to: expand services for clients; improve re-entry and discharge planning coordination; and better address substance abuse and other behavioral health issues within schools.
- Implement HIV Task Force recommendations to reduce the occurrences of positive cases in our community.
- Invest $300M for the expansion of Big Creek and Little River to improve water quality and services in our communities.
- Establish partnerships to raise awareness of "Early Brain Development" (a Georgia Department of Public Health Initiative) and impact long-term outcomes for children.