2023 Strategic Initiatives
- Lead a pilot that allows for sharing of data between jurisdictions utilizing the county's open government platform
- Work with community partners to expand efforts to identify and address food desserts and food insecurity
- Increase the number of homeless housing beds and coordinate efforts to identify service needs for repeat clients
- Increase and streamline the referral process between health agencies and community non-profits to assist in health outcomes
2021 Strategic Initiatives
- HIV: Work jointly with Cobb, Gwinnett, Dekalb, Clayton, and the State of Georgia to establish a plan for eliminating HIV by 2030.
- Food Insecurity: Work with community partners to expand food insecurity efforts and identify areas of need.
- Homelessness: Establish partnerships to evaluate assessment centers, increase housing beds, and establish a coordinated intake and entry operation.
- Data Sharing: Create a pilot with cities within the County that allows for the sharing of data between jurisdictions.
- Transportation: Drive transportation improvements with road/bridge enhancements and transit expansion.
- Housing: Coordinate efforts to deliver access to affordable housing with equitable homeownership rights.
2019 Strategic Initiatives
- Continue facility improvements per the assessment in the areas of Technology, Furniture, Kitchen Operations and Equipment for Senior Center Programs
- Build and expand the available inventory of Permanent Supportive Housing for the chronically homeless with linkages to care and services to sustain tenancy
- Expand Summer Youth Internship Program in Year 3, and enter into strategic partnerships to achieve the goals
- Continue funding of alternative food growth programs
2018 Strategic Initiatives
- Strengthen neighborhood senior center model to deliver more robust programs and service levels.
- Implement senior transportation options to maximize service and reduce backlog.
- Complete transfer of Jefferson Place to City of Atlanta for new homeless capacity.
- Develop North and South Fulton County complimentary homeless programs using consistent profile and enhanced assessment tools.