Arts & Libraries
2023 Strategic Initiatives
2022 Strategic Initiatives
- Continue to expand collaboration efforts with Fulton County Public Arts Future Lab and neighboring agencies
- Finalize the Strategic Plan for the Vision of the Library of the Future with a focus on early literacy and digital inclusion
- Completion of Library Renovation which results in a resiliency hub at the Central Library and improved overall services
- Completion of the Central Library renovation to improve accessibility and expand services
- Continue hiring efforts in the library to emphasize the Social Service Program to target homelessness and behavioral health needs as wrap around service in the community
- Collaborate with WABE radio station to utilize the 8th floor of the Central Library as a center of operations and increased public relations opportunity for the County
2021 Strategic Initiatives
- Continue to invest in programs that combat food insecurity
- Implement new ARTS service delivery model, focused on establishing community partnerships for Arts capacity
- Continue to provide virtual services to ensure residents needs are met
2019 Strategic Initiatives
- Develop a Strategic Plan for All People's Lives are Culturally Enriched
- Continued investment in the rehabilitation and renovations at the Library locations
- Direct funding for high profile arts and culture festivals, exhibits and arts center support throughout the County.
- Target film industry for economic development potential
2018 Strategic Initiatives
- Continue the investment of the $100M of the Library Bond improvements to existing facilities.
- Develop a Strategic Plan for All People's Lives are Recreationally and Culturally Enriched, with a focus on Cultural Enrichment.
- Fully implement Live Nation at Wolf Creek and generate $800K to $1M in revenue.
- Implement governance structure to allow for the generation of private funding in the area of Arts and Culture.