National Benchmark Counties
Ten U.S. counties have been identified as being appropriate for use as general benchmarks for Fulton County based on similarity in total population, land area and the presence of a large principal city. The benchmark counties are listed below along with their principal city.
- Hennepin County, Minnesota (Minneapolis)
- Shelby County, Tennessee (Memphis)
- Mecklenburg County, North Carolina (Charlotte)
- Milwaukee County, Wisconsin (Milwaukee)
- Wake County, North Carolina (Raleigh)
- Franklin County, Ohio (Columbus)
- Cuyahoga County, Ohio (Cleveland)
- Allegheny County, Pennsylvania (Pittsburgh)
- Orange County, Forida (Orlando)
- Travis County, Texas (Austin)
Click here to download a detailed comparison chart and map of the benchmark counties.