All People are Safe
2018 Strategic Initiatives
- Investment in the justice system will continue to be a priority in 2018 with an investment of $5.5 million and a refocus on four specific outcomes.
- The justice system will evaluate existing programs to develop a robust, measurable, criminal diversion effort.
- More prosecution resources will be available to improve misdemeanor intake processes and reduce backlogs.
- Created 250 summer jobs for youth at risk.
- Invested 500K in juvenile crime prevention.
- Invested $500K in juvenile crime prevention.
Crisis Intervention Training
Facilitate the implementation of Crisis Intervention Training for Police Departments within the County to ensure individuals with behavioral health and substance abuse issues are diverted to receive appropriate treatment and service.